Saturday, October 13, 2012

Goals

I'm a 43 year old single mom to 4. I'm 50 pounds overweight and am ready to do something about it.   I'm blogging to keep track of  my journey into getting in better shape.  My goal for weight loss isn't just about weight.  It is about feeling good, looking good and taking better care of my body... not just for me but for my children. 

This past May I made a decision to give up drinking soda.  I am happy to say that it is October and I am confident in saying I am soda free.  It about killed me at first but I now have no craving for it.  Even when I do take a sip here and there it isn't yummy to me anymore and reminds me why I gave it up.  That was step one in my journey to better health.


Step two is better eating habits.  I am working on that.  For the past week I have been writing everything down that I eat.  It is amazing what you eat without really realizing. The best part of writing everything down is that it makes you conscious of what you are eating and how often.  I found that I was eating mindlessly.. when I was bored, tired, unhappy, sitting on the computer doing homework..  It was a good wake up call for me to see what I have been putting in my body.


I threw away the first week of keeping track.. it was a little embarrassing.  I started over the first of this week and am now paying attention to what I eat and when.  I am trying to kick my body into a new metabolism mode and start a better eating habit.. 


This leads me to step three.  Exercise.  I started swimming yesterday.  Wow. I had forgotten how peaceful and relaxing it is.  It feels so good to be in the water.  I am extremely slow but at least I am doing it. Its a start. Besides, seeing myself in a swim suit is a definite motivator. In two weeks I will start a regular exercise routine with Sarah.  She is going to be my personal trainer and the person that totally kicks my butt.  Am I up for it?  I am not totally convinced but I gave up soda so I'm already on the right path right? 


SO on to the nitty gritty...

This is for me to keep track of where I am and the progress I am making.  Ready for this??  Can't be too proud in this business i guess..  You have to start somewhere right?



Height: 5'4"

Weight: 193lbs
Clothing size: 18 womens
arms: 13 1/4 inches
chest: 45 1/2 inches
waist:  41 1/2 inches
hips: 48 inches
thighs: 27 inches (single) 48 1/2 inches combined
calves: 14 1/2 inches

No comments: