Friday, October 19, 2012

Week one

Ok so I've been doing this for a week.  I'm not dead and I haven't killed anyone yet, and  actually I'm feeling pretty good.  Yeah I know.. who would have thought you could feel so good eating such healthy food right??  I imagined getting frustrated and desperate enough to eat directly out of the sugar jar with my fingers or making a desperate trip to the all night gas station in my pjs at 2 in the morning to get a "fix".  Reality?  something we don't usually enjoy but happy to say...  I haven't had a craving for the sweet.  Nothing that an apple or greek yogurt couldn't handle.  I've never gotten this far before..  One week?  I've never made it one week before?  yeah I know.. kind of pathetic but true.  I am going to blame the soda for this.  Damn carbonated sugar beverage of goodness... stopped me every time.  I couldn't start an healthy eating trend with that in the way..  It had to go all on its own.  I'm glad it did because its working for me now.  I'm enjoying my food and I don't feel deprived.  In fact.. I actually haven't felt hungry and I haven't craved anything in particular. We'll see how things go when my kids get back next week.  Until then.. I'm giving myself 2 thumbs up and a small pat on the back..

No comments: