Thursday, November 1, 2012

Weekend in Boise

This past weekend I went to Boise, Idaho to visit my bestie.  Its about a 4 hour drive so I don't get over there very often but when I do I could stay forever.  We have been friends since I was 10.  Her brother married my sister and we've been friends ever since.  Over the years we know each other so well that we don't get offended or mad at each other and we are nothing but honest with each other.  So when we talk about our weight we don't mince words.  We know we're both pretty chubby.  We don't butter each other up or try to be polite.  We let each other know that we both need quite a bit of motivation and a lot of work.  Going over there this weekend was great.  We hung out and played and laughed till our guts hurt.  We also hosted her annual Fall Holiday Party.  I'm actually quite a good cook and have worked in a Bakery so I acted as her caterer and cooked for a day and a half.  Twix Brownies, Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins,  Caramelized nuts, Sausage Balls, Homemade Butter Rolls, Taquitos...  Do you see where I am going with this??  Yeah, It was fantastic and the food was wonderful!!  Too bad I didn't eat any...  yeah seriously.. Can you even believe it?  I was a good girl.  I bought veggies for a Veggie tray and found a recipe on pintrest for baked Southwest Egg Rolls and Avacado Ranch Dip made with greek yogurt.  They were healthy and delicious!  I promise to share the recipe on here really soon. Did I feel left out?  not really?  did I feel cheated?  Nope  Did I feel so grateful when I got up and went swimming this morning at 5am that I had been so good this weekend?  big Fat YES.  Its all in the attitude.  I found something that I could have.. enjoyed the company and didn't fret about the things I didn't WANT to have.  Its my choice. Could I have cheated or had them if I really wanted to?  sure.  No one was babysitting me but I had made a commitment to myself and I stuck to it.  and Yes  I am proud of myself.  Thank You. Thank You.  I'll be here all night...

p.s  If you're wondering how I did with all the Halloween candy.. Not one.  I even went and handed out all the delicious chocolate candy bars and tasty confections at 2 trunk or treats...  and  NOT.  ONE.  PIECE.  (my choice remember?)

No comments: